An applicant is eligible for membership if he or she:
- is an individual who devotes the majority of his working time to risk management
- is of good character,
- is compensated only on a fee for service basis,
- will not render or offer professional services for which the fees are contingent on reduction in client’s insurance costs, or any other specific result,
- is not an insurance agent or insurance broker,
- has no financial or other association of a material nature with any insurance agency or brokerage or property-casualty insurance company,
- does not receive compensation, commission or other thing of value from any insurance agent or insurance broker, or property-casualty insurance company, such as to conflict with the Association’s “Code of Conduct”,
- is not employed by an employer who has any material interest in any insurance agency, insurance broker or property-casualty insurance company and is not directly or indirectly controlled by an insurance agency, insurance broker or property-casualty insurance company, where such employment would conflict with the Association’s “Code of Conduct”,
- does not act in the soliciting of any insurance policy or program,
- does not have agreements with insurers allowing him or her to bind coverage
or countersign insurance documents on behalf of insurers,
- has no shareholder or partner who is an insurance agent or broker,
- satisfies the educational and experience requirements established from time to time by resolution of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors may refuse an application for membership if the applicant has been refused an application for an agents’ license or brokers registration, or had such license or registration revoked for cause.
For more information on membership, please contact our Membership Coordinator